SPECTRA SERIES BUSWAY
Busways / Busducts
Less weight means big labor savings
Epoxy insulation protects your investment
A load of extras
GE Spectra Series Busway is a custom designed modular electrical power distribution system and is available in both feeder and plug-in styles. GE Spectra Busway replaces wire and conduit in most applications with reduced installed costs and improved reliability.
Features and Benefits
- New Joint Guard Protection System dynamically indicates proper joint tension through color for easy installation and maintenance.
- Adjustable Straight Length eliminates the need for special check pieces by adjusting from 48″ to 60″ in length at the job-site.
- P4X Plug Outlet provides the industry’s only automatic dead-front, finger-proof protection over plug outlets
- Lighter Weight mean faster installation than with other busway and lower installed cost that cable and conduit.
- Field-adjustable isolation joint allows for ±½” per joint providing flexibility on the job-site.
- Plug-assist allows for faster, easier installation of plugs which provide power to downstream devices. Watch Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq0vDxU4lKs
- Exclusive Bluecoat Epoxy Insulation provides the industry’s longest insulation life of 50++ years.
- Earth-Bond Integral Housing Ground provides a lower resistance ground path than internal ground bars
- Aluminum Housing with Sandwich Design-GE was the first to break the weight barrier with an aluminum housing that is up to 50% lighter than other busways
- DC Applications
- Aluminum or Copper
- Low Voltage (600V or less) Sandwich Busway
- 225-5000 amperes
- UL 857, NEMA BU-1, CSA
- Short Circuit Ratings up through 200kA for 3 cycles
- Medium to large commercial & industrial applications
- Indoor, Drip-proof IP43, Splash-proof IP54, and Outdoor IP65, IP66 enclosures
- Not for hazardous locations
- Not designed to be imbedded in the ground or in concrete